An Excellent Statement
Willow
2011-04-26 01:37:07 UTC
This is a wonderful statement of support by a father for a your
transsexual/transgender person.

Usher will no doubt condemn this father for his use of the word
transgender. I applaud a father who loves his child..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne-herman/dad-transgender-daughter_b_850865.html

My name is Wayne Maines, I live in Old Town. I have a 13-year-old
transgender daughter. In the beginning, I was not onboard with this
reality. Like many of you I doubted transgender children could exist,
I doubted my wife and I doubted our counselors and doctors. However I
never doubted my love for my child. It was only through observing her
pain and her suffering and examining my lack of knowledge about these
issues did I begin to question my behavior and my conservative values.
I learned that the medical standard of care requires parents seek
assistance from a panel of experts. We did this and our team of
doctors recommended my daughter to live fully as a girl. We cannot
turn back now.

When my daughter lost her privileges at school and both children and
adults targeted her, I knew I had to change and I have never looked
back.

When we moved to Maine, it was clear my daughter was transitioning
from male to female with us or without us. She used the girl's
bathroom with no fanfare; she was confident and very social. Her
strong personality helped the entire school transition right along
side of her. She was proud and secure with herself and when people
asked at the young age of six she openly stated that she was a girl
trapped in a boy's body.

The transformation was amazing, but her happiness would not last.
Unfortunately the fears of others would destroy everything that our
team of doctors, teachers, school counselors, friends and classmates
had work so hard to establish.

I know that it is difficult for some of you to understand the needs of
transgender children. You only need to spend some time with these kids
to see that they are struggling and suffering beyond your imagination
only because they are singled out and misunderstood. They are just
like your children and grandchildren; they have the same hopes and the
same dreams.

In the fifth grade because of significant negative exposure we had to
take drastic measures to protect her from harm, including splitting
our family up to go in hiding and we are not the only family that has
had to do so. When she was told she could no longer use the
appropriate bathroom her confidence and self-esteem took a major hit.
Prior to this my daughter often said, "Dad being transgender is no big
deal, my friends and I have it under control." I was very proud of
her. It was only when adults became involved with their unfounded
fears that her world would be turned upside down. "She came to me
crying and asked, "Daddy what did I do wrong? Daddy please fix this?"
That is what dads do -- we fix things. I had to break her heart and
say, "You have not done anything wrong sweetie, but Mommy and I do not
know how to fix this, but we will try."

Continuing to single these kids out is not necessary. Having the
opportunity to use the bathrooms of their true gender is essential for
these kids' well being. This bill places transgender children in a
position of doom and hopelessness. This bill tells my daughter that
she does not have the same rights as her classmates and reinforces her
opinion that she has no future. Help me give her the future she
deserves. Do not pass this bill.
Jennifer Usher
2011-04-26 02:02:13 UTC
Post by Willow
[...]
Condemn? Hardly. At this point, it is difficult to say, with absolute
certainty, if the child is actually transsexual (though this seems very
possible) or is only transgender. The father is simply expressing the common
misunderstanding that the two terms are interchangeable as opposed to the gender
fascists who demand to force labels on people who do not wish them. No one
should be labeled as transgender who does not willingly identify as such.
Transsexual is a objective term, defined in medical literature. Transgender is
a highly subjective term at best, an artificial political/social construct that
is so vague as to be effectively meaningless. As a political position, it tends
to the extreme, holding that one changes one's sex by changing one's clothes, or
even simply by changing one's mind. Simply put, it is has no basis in reality.
Jennifer Usher
Jellan
2011-04-29 15:03:43 UTC
Post by Willow
[...]
Willyboy is trying to get you to accept the fantasy word
'transgender'.. but beware, after that he'll starting trying to get
you to accept his "autogenophilia " junk terms too
Jennifer Usher
2011-04-30 03:03:21 UTC
Post by Jellan
Willyboy is trying to get you to accept the fantasy word
'transgender'.. but beware, after that he'll starting trying to get
you to accept his "autogenophilia " junk terms too
There is zero chance that I will accept the silliness of the
transgender extremists. And while I agree that some do exist who can,
for want of a better term, be called "autogynephiles," I do not
remotely accept the insanity attached to that term by Blanchard,
Bailey, Lawrence, and their ilk.
Jennifer Usher
maj
2011-04-30 14:23:57 UTC
Post by Jennifer Usher
Post by Jellan
Willyboy is trying to get you to accept the fantasy word
'transgender'.. but beware, after that he'll starting trying to get
you to accept his "autogenophilia " junk terms too
There is zero chance that I will accept the silliness of the
transgender extremists.  And while I agree that some do exist who can,
for want of a better term, be called "autogynephiles," I do not
remotely accept the insanity attached to that term by Blanchard,
Bailey, Lawrence, and their ilk.
--
Jennifer Usher
Yes the word "autogynephile" is a good word to put a description of
Willow into because willow is not a woman or a true transsexual. I
don't know whats creepier- the word itself or the fact Willow takes
pride in being called one. Mr Willow must have been a delight for
Blanchard, Bailey and Lawrence and could Willow may have made real
potential as an attention seeking guinea pig for the trio. They had to
settle for a ex-thai prison inmate to get anyone fitting their
maddening insanity though.
Jennifer Usher
2011-04-30 18:35:48 UTC
Post by maj
Yes the word "autogynephile" is a good word to put a description of
Willow into because willow is not a woman or a true transsexual. I
don't know whats creepier- the word itself or the fact Willow takes
pride in being called one. Mr Willow must have been a delight for
Blanchard, Bailey and Lawrence and could Willow may have made real
potential as an attention seeking guinea pig for the trio. They had to
settle for a ex-thai prison inmate to get anyone fitting their
maddening insanity though.
Yes, it is an excellent term for such people. Arune takes pride in this
term because it is the only claim he has to any "credibility." Of
course, he does not see that this term is derogatory. And as to
Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence, Arune is the perfect example. The story
is so outlandish that it fits well into their goal of discrediting
"transsexualism."
Jennifer Usher
bunnie
2011-05-01 17:21:22 UTC
Post by Jennifer Usher
Post by maj
[...]
Well the Big Fat Blunder from Down Under sure is buttering up ol' Lardo!
I wonder if the other show will drop, or if Gary "Samantha" Scafe has
simply found his new niche as a remora. Perhaps, like Lardo, he's so
starved for attention/validation that this is enjoyable for him.
--
(\__/)
(=^.^=)
(")_(")
a***@gmail.com
2011-05-13 21:26:30 UTC
Post by Jennifer Usher
Post by Jellan
Willyboy is trying to get you to accept the fantasy word
'transgender'.. but beware, after that he'll starting trying to get
you to accept his "autogenophilia " junk terms too
There is zero chance that I will accept the silliness of the
transgender extremists.  And while I agree that some do exist who can,
for want of a better term, be called "autogynephiles," I do not
remotely accept the insanity attached to that term by Blanchard,
Bailey, Lawrence, and their ilk.
--
Jennifer Usher
Instead, you believe in the insanity preached by the Hairy Benjamin
Syndrome crowd...
s***@uymail.com
2012-07-15 06:08:21 UTC
No matter how one feels about "transgender," it's a widely used term in the media. I think, a more updated and friendly description than "transsexual," that can have sexual connotations to some. And transgender is more accurate since it describes the whole person, not just sex organs.

I'm post-op. However, I have no qualms about referring to myself as transgender or transsexual.
Willow
2012-07-18 00:56:47 UTC
I'm post-op. However, I have no qualms about referring to myself as transgender or transsexual.
Indeed so. "A rose by any other name" and all that. If you self-identify as one or the other, does it matter? Further, do you really fret so much about what other people do - or even say? Does one have more status in some sense by being one or the other, or both? A tempest in a teapot, of interest only to soaking mice.

W.
Jennifer Usher
2012-08-09 19:36:29 UTC
Post by s***@uymail.com
No matter how one feels about "transgender," it's a widely used term in the
media. I think, a more updated and friendly description than "transsexual,
" that can have sexual connotations to some. And transgender is more accura
te since it describes the whole person, not just sex organs.

No, the term is not accurate. If it were possible to change one's gender
(no, it really isn't) then transsexuals would do that rather than the far
more difficult process of changing sex. That might still appeal to those who
are doing it for the wrong reasons, like Willie Boy, but if it were possible
to change one's gender, there would be no surgery anyways, so such people
would not exist.

And the term is also not accurate because it is a vague, subjective, and
artificial social/political construct that has no objective basis in reality.
It is an attempt to bring together a number of diverse behaviors that have
little in common, and make them appear to be one thing.
Post by s***@uymail.com
I'm post-op. However, I have no qualms about referring to myself as transge
nder or transsexual.

Such is your right, but please do not impose it on me. If you think you are
the same as a man who puts on a dress to get his sexual thrills, that is your
choice. But no thanks. Please don't attempt to impose that label on me.
Jennifer Usher
s***@uymail.com
2012-08-11 05:25:07 UTC
Semantics. Gender is a social construct. Like it or not, transgender is the commonly used term (that seems to be opposed by a small minority). A man who puts on a dress and may, or may not, get sexual satisfaction is a crossdresser. How you self-define is totally up to you.

Referring to a post-op as a 'boy' is derogatory and insulting.
Jennifer Usher
2012-08-12 17:39:55 UTC
Post by s***@uymail.com
Semantics. Gender is a social construct. Like it or not, transgender is the
commonly used term (that seems to be opposed by a small minority). A man w
ho puts on a dress and may, or may not, get sexual satisfaction is a crossd
resser. How you self-define is totally up to you.

Let's see… No, gender is rooted in the brain, which is also sexually
differentiated. If you really believe gender is a social construct, then you
have effectively admitted to being a pervert, as you would have chosen, for
what ever reason, to be a transsexual and have surgery. If that is true,
believe me, the majority of society would have told you to man up, and get
over it. No, gender is not a social construct. That is the lie told by
transvestites and kooks like Wilie Boy, who do choose to behave as they do,
and who need some basis to claim to be "just like transsexuals."

No, I don't like that "transgender" has been forced on us. In spite of
claims by a few people trying to rewrite history, this is term that came out
of the crossdressing community, and it really is an effort to co-opt
transsexuals. And yes, it is opposed by a small majority. True transsexuals
are rare. Most who claim to be transsexuals will never go near a surgeon.
Their motto is, "They will take my penis when they pry my cold dead fingers
from it." (Those who live in places where guns are not as popular might not
get the joke…too bad.)

The term is opposed by those harmed by it, and yes, they are small minority.
And no, we are not allowed to self-define. Even you are trying to say that
we must accept the label "transgender" because it is the commonly used term.
Post by s***@uymail.com
Referring to a post-op as a 'boy' is derogatory and insulting.
Or, perhaps, in this particular case, the absolute truth, and well deserved.
Do a bit of research on Mr. Arune's history, his association with Michael
Bailey and Ray Blanchard, his attacks on transsexuals, his rather bizarre
reasons for having SRS, and get back to me.

Sorry, I do not belong to the mindset that says that anyone who merely claims
to be a woman automatically is. Having surgery does not make you a woman.
If your brain was not female before, it will not be afterwards.
Jennifer Usher
Jellan
2011-04-29 15:11:06 UTC
Post by Willow
[...]
I'm sure the story was great, but I'm not really interested in it
apart from the fact I wanted to ask you to peddle your wares elsewhere
and not here. This newsgroup does need flamers and trolls ruining the
experience for legitimate members and frankly i find many of your bait
posts frustrating and they accomplish nothing but stir trouble, as you
are aware.. You should have grown up a long time ago. I don't think
you have grown up. You really have to grow up.
Jennifer Usher
2011-04-30 03:07:12 UTC
Post by Jellan
I'm sure the story was great, but I'm not really interested in it
apart from the fact I wanted to ask you to peddle your wares elsewhere
and not here. This newsgroup does need flamers and trolls ruining the
experience for legitimate members and frankly i find many of your bait
posts frustrating and they accomplish nothing but stir trouble, as you
are aware.. You should have grown up a long time ago. I don't think
you have grown up. You really have to grow up.
Yes, sadly, that is about all he ever posts. As I said, I cannot say for
certain if the proper term for this child is transsexual, or not. But I
would be very inclined to say that it is. It is good when parents are
supportive, provided they don't push a child in a direction that may not
be the best for that child. Some children do go through "phases." But
others show symptoms of transsexualism early on. Ironically, the so-
called scientists that are his BFFs are proponents of trying to cure them
in childhood by forcing them to "butch up."
Jennifer Usher
Willow
2012-07-18 00:52:15 UTC
On Friday, April 29, 2011 8:11:06 AM UTC-7, Jellan wrote:
bill.
I'm sure the story was great, but I'm not really interested in it
apart from the fact I wanted to ask you to peddle your wares elsewhere
and not here
Gosh Usher. When did you change your name again. Let's see - is this the tenth or eleventh time?

W.